2.9.08

Fuck Anthropology, I Need to Blog

The reading can wait, says I.

Just as an FYI to you non-existent readers, I'm going to try to update this once or twice a week. I can't promise, because quite frankly, I don't think my life is that interesting to people outside of who's mentioned here, and I wouldn't like to bore you at all, so...yeah. Wish me luck, yo.

I've noticed lately that when I sit down to write - not journal, but write stories and imaginary people's life events - the thoughts don't go where intended. I started to write prose-in-poem-form with the working title of "Champagne and Chardonnay" but it ended up somewhere I find stupid and nonsensical. It just...kinda...goes. Same with Gaby. She's not going where I thought she was, nor is Cat and nor is Bryen (either of them). Not just does the actual plot change, but the style does too. Suffice to say, I don't get it.

As for life, I had a spectacular weekend. Went South for the holiday, because my chunk of a second cousin was baptised Sunday. Also meant I got to see family I've not seen in a good four years. Well, "family" - my cousin's in-laws. I was introduced to the world of cornhole, and as a n00b with beginner's luck, my mother and I pwned my godfather/cousin and aunt, because we are just that amazing. Ish. Apparently I wasn't used to using my muscles in that manner, because my back and shoulder are still pretty stiff. That aside, the weekend was well-spent and those are the best weekends.

That was almost deep.

I recently got into a JPop group, Sukima Switch (スキマスイッチ), introduced to my Japanese class by our new sensei. (On an unrelated note, I've decided that that position is our version of the DADA post.) I'm not usually one for pop, but I love the melodies and instrumentation. I have no idea what the words say, because I've had little to no luck finding the lyrics in translation. Bleah. I'm willing to bet I'll love the lyrics as well. Should you find them, let me know, eh?

And last but not least, I'm going to list five random facts that reveal little to nothing about me.
~I'm addicted to iced tea.
~I picked a sucky schedule this semester.
~I can't decide if I prefer Firefox or Internet Explorer.
~I wear a lot of mismatched jewellry.
~I can't think of a fifth thing.

No comments: