3.9.08

If I Could Travel Back in Time...

I'd visit...

~1773-1800 - American Colonies/US I'm enough of a history geek that I'd want to visit a war. That's right. I think it'd be fascinating to see where today's history textbooks got it wrong - I for one have issues with Paul Revere's ride. It feels too much like an American legend than revolutionary history. That, and I need to research.

~1600 - London, England Not for the plague, you silly persons. Shakespeare's Hamlet should have opened around then, and I'd like to see how it was done with the Bard's own input. He was my first Shakespearean love, and I have a feeling Burbage did him justice. Dare I say, maybe more so than Kenneth Branagh...?

~1971 - backlot of 20th Century Fox Just because MASH (the movie) was filming there, and I'd love to ruin shots by cracking up off-screen.

~1969 - my hometown I, like most people I would assume, wonder what my parents were like when they were my age. While at this point, I'd be three or four years older than my mom, I wouldn't care, it's close enough. This way I get to see all the idiots she hung out with too (sorry dudes).

~1998 - Leavesden Studios/English countryside Yeah, that's right, I'm travelling back to when I was eight years old. Just to see how *cough*badly*cough* well a fanfic of mine would work out, and to get more technical information on the world I'm writing in. Sleepy Hollow was being filmed around this time, and it's in Tim Burton's world I'm writing, not Washington Irving's. I'm sure that would have been just as fun, but since I'm more familiar with Burton's, I'll go with that.

When would you go?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

all amazing ideas... if i could travel back in time, i wouldn't even know where to start... hell, i wouldn't even know where to begin to think of where to start. lol maybe i'd do a past life regression and then try to visit those places to get memories back... that'd be awesome, no?

Remus said...

Oooh, that would be pretty sweet. I've always wanted a past-life regression...I need to look into that...