23.8.06

i need the friggin stage before i go insanea

I feel...: determined
Jammin' to: Mozart *Giovani Leiti from The Marriage of Figaro*

It's not finished!...Not nearly!...Forgive me. Time was I could write a Mass in a week!...Give me one month more and it'll be done: I swear it!...He'll grant me that, surely? God can't want it unfinished!...Look -- look, see what I've done. Here's the Kyrie -- that's finished! Take that to Him -- He'll see it's not unworthy!...Grant me time, I beg you! If you do, I swear I'll write a real piece of music. I know I've boasted I've written hundreds, but it's not true. I've written nothing finally good! Oh, it began so well, my life. Once the world was so full, so happy!...All the journeys -- all the carriages -- all the rooms of smiles! Everyone smiled at me once -- the king at Schonbrunn; the princess at Versailles -- they lit my way with candles to the clavier -- my father bowing, bowing, bowing with such joy!..."Chevalier Mozart, my miraculous son!"...Why has it all gone?...Why?...Was I so bad? So wicked?...Answer for Him and tell me! [music rips] [fearfully] Why...Is it not good?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reason 5,622 I wish I was a guy.

(Don't ask what the other 5,621 are - I haven't the foggiest and just picked a number.)