9.10.08

Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride

Good Lord, you certainly can tell when I get to a low point, can't ye?

Clearly, I'm off that low point. I'm hoping to stay here for a while. Life is good from up here, after all, and who doesn't want life to be good?

That's not to say that shit has ceased to hit the fan. Oh no. That will probably never end. But at least the sprayed shit is not covering me or bogging me down quite so bad as it's done in the past.

In other news - one more midterm to get through. I can't believe we're already at midterms. I don't feel like we've been here that long. Ah well. Just one more, and I'm free...until I start working on those papers due right after fall break. *sigh*

I finally gave in to Papaer and have started reading the Dark Tower series. Barely. I'm still working through The Gunslinger (Book 1) but begun I have. I read The Eyes of the Dragon a while back, but hadn't been a big fan of it - I prefer Stephen King at his dark and creepy best. In general I'm not a fantasy person, not of the likes of Tolkien at least. I just don't get into it quite so much. If I don't give it a go, though, he'll be even more obnoxious, so what's the harm?

One last tidbit, and I'll really get back to studying. My Chemical Romance has recently swept me up again. They're always there, inside my mind, but I'm not really always like "OMG i can connect this to mcr! liek, omg!" Just once in a while, and not quite so bad as that first summer. But they're back from their mental hiatus. Just be warned about that, I'm sure it'll come up in an entry or two.

Ok. I need to reread about anthropology. Peace out.

No comments: