21.1.09

Disjointed Thoughts (Because There Aren't Enough of Those Here Already)

My computer is, for all intents and purposes, dead. That means every story update since...oh...I bought it a year and a half ago. That's a lot of stuff. It's really starting to bum me out. Part of me is optimistic and says it'll be no problem for them to just start it up...but my rational bit says that's not likely - they'd have to wipe it to even get it to come up. I dunno. I hope, but I don't.

I'm really going to attempt to do well this semester. I know I can do it...I just have to prove it to the world. Aye...there's the rub. Damn rub.

Something not depressing...petty drama aside, I've missed being here. I know I've said otherwise in plenty of ways and places, but I truly miss it. I don't know what 'it' is, but even when I get that down time over break, a little Benedict Arnold part of me doesn't know what to do without it.

That moment there...that was confusing. Where I live on campus...is kinda convoluted. It's the foreign language unit, and up until recently it was just French, German, and Spanish. Well, now the incredibly loud (I can say that - I'm in it) Japanese contingency has invaded, and we're in the bottom floor of the German wing. I just call it the Axis House, but there it is. At any rate, some of the German kids decided they didn't much fancy us taking over (just because they can't admit we're cooler than they are...) and said as much on the maintenance log. Once - ok, you're dumb, we can laugh. Twice - wow, you are retarded. Thrice - we can play games too, so quit 'harassing' us. It was absurd. Rumour, at one point, had it it was one specific person, and that said person strongly disliked us for ridiculous reasons, and said person has given us no reason to think otherwise. Well, just now, said person came through, saw me sitting here, and not only acknowledged me, but waved. To me, this is out of character. I thought he didn't like us. Maybe it's not us as individuals, but as a collective idiot...?

At this exact moment (it's subject to change) I'm not bothered by the whole single thing. To a certain extent, I reckon I'm relishing it. I'm not sure why, but it's not phasing me right now.

Why did the inaugeration of the nation's first black president almost move me to tears? I'm a white woman too young to remember segregation...B1 believes it's because America's now on the route to change...I don't know. Could be that...but...I'm not sold...anyway...

I need a job.

And if I expect to pwn this semester, I need to start out on top of things, if not ahead...(read: I'm peacin' out, I have four chapters to read for tomorrow >.<)

And so, dear reader, I bid you Adieu, and I'll work on something to throw up here that I've already promised...or maybe I won't. Heh. I love having complete control over this thing.

Je te souhaite du paix (yes, I know that's not right.)
平和
peace
Remus

No comments: