14.5.10

Genealogy Meme

Blank meme from RevGalPals; found via CoffeePastor.

1. Do you have any interest in geneaology?
I'd be a pisspoor history major if I had none at all. I love it. It's sort of a recently discovered hobby; I'm pretty shoddy at it and if I go a full hour with absolutely nothing new, I give up for the night. But if I actually start finding new jumping-off points, I could go for several hours.

2. Which countries did your ancestors come from?
Germany, Canada (from France), one or two from Poland, and a few from Prussia.

3. Who is the farthest back ancestor whose name you know?
Julien Beaubien dit Cuillerier. He married a Julienne. Creativity runs in the family, ne?

4. Any favorite saints or sinners in the group?
Technically he's only an uncle (wayyyyy back), but that would definitely be Alexis Cuillerier - accused and acquitted of murder. I have no idea if he really did it.

5. What would you want your descendants to remember about you?
Just them remembering that I was around is good, because that means someone else is doing genealogy, and keeping that going would be really cool.

Bonus: a song, prayer, or poem that speaks of family--blood or chosen--to you.
I can't think of anything off the top of my head, of course. If I think of one or two, I'll edit this.

No comments: