16.11.08

Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful...

The first sticking snow of the season came last night. When I woke up, I couldn't figure out what the globs of white on the grass were until I really looked. I keep telling you - I'm a genius.

Now, as I stare out my window, watching the flakes fall and begin to stick, I look forward to the inevitable snowball fights and shenanigans that accompany Midwest winters. Eventually, those of us on the Japanese floor will try to get sensei to enjoy the snow and not worry about the cold so much.

Baby, it's cold outside. But here inside the res hall, it's pleasantly warm - especially in the kitchen. We're celebrating an early Thanksgiving. Simply because we can. We invited sensei - her first Thanksgiving. How exciting. Wonder if there'll be a prayer...

The flakes are falling harder and thicker now, but not enough yet for the powdered-sugar effect. Perhaps tomorrow morning. How beautiful would that be.

No comments: