2.6.08

You know me, bright ideas just pop into me head and I keep thinkin'...

Seems a downright shame how short life can be, and how unexpected the end often is. I'm not sure why, but this has been bouncing around my head lately. It kind of began with the passing of Heath Ledger - I hadn't seen Brokeback until a couple monthes after his death, and the whole time I was watching, I kept thinking how great this loss was, so much talent...and it had just begun to hit its stride; he hadn't been in a great number of films, but he was finally getting the recognition he deserved, he had so far to go. A dear friend of mine recently lost someone, and while I didn't know him, it's odd to think that my friend will never see him again, never call, never talk to him, because he simply isn't there anymore. It hit me again in full force, and brought on this blog, a few minutes ago - a local actor passed away two years ago of Crohn's disease (it flared up and he was gone), and he was similar to Heath; he was a budding actor here in town, and was in the process of moving to either Chicago or New York, I forget which, to persue acting full time, because he was brilliant at it - I'd seen him in several productions locally, and had wanted to work with him, or at least meet him - but that won't be happening any longer, because he's not here, he will never again grace the stage with his superb ability.

I guess, my point kind of is, carpe diem, kids. If you want to meet someone (or go as far as work with them) make it happen, don't wait. Maybe that's not really my point at all. Carpe diem is, to be sure, but...make life happen, because if you just wait for it to come, you may find your wait cut short. One of my favourite sayings is Shit Happens. Yeah, it does. But sometimes, if you really want shit to happen, you have to give it a kick. And what of it if you get called a shitkicker? At least you had fun doing it. Don't worry about having to clean your shoe at the end of the day. Just seize it before it slips away for good.

No comments: