12.5.08

This looks so much better in my journal.

It was a dark and stormy night...

I love clichés.

It wasn't dark, it wasn't stormy; hell, it wasn't even night. But it makes it more dramatic, doesn't it?

It was a dark and stormy night. The phone line had been mysteriously cut dead, and there was now a mysterious scratching sound on the front door...

Just kidding. Sorry. I've read too many cheap books for my own good.

Well, that's not true either. No book is cheap, even at the dollar store. I meant "not good."

But that can't be. There is no such thing as a "not good" book. Only books that I don't like. But I didn't not like those dollar store books. They just...weren't my favourites. Yeah.

Oh! I'm supposed to be telling a story.

Anyway. It was just after lunchtime, on a partly cloudy day when the phone rang. It was my friend Arty (though she wouldn't like me calling her that) asking what was up. Nothing, I told her. So she asked if I could come over. Sure. So I did. Then we sat around, playing musical soundtracks and singing along. And it was fun.

That's it. That's my story.

Seems rather ridiculous when it comes right down to it, doesn't it? That's why I tried to embellish it with clichés. That sorta failed.

But yeah. That's it.


Oh! The moral is -

I love my friends.

They make me happy.

They get me through life.

Even when I fail at it.


But it's all good.

Because
I LOVE MY FRIENDS.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't fail at life *kills Brie*

Arty? ARTY!?!?! Like, what the hell is that???? *kills Brie again*

And I'm glad you had fun :) I was worried you didn't. <3 *hugs Brie's dead corpse*

Sorry, was that creepy?

Remus said...

But you knew it was you, didn't you?

Only slightly creepy.