23.4.10

Serious Question

Reasons I don't fancy feminists too much...

Why is it ok to laugh at and joke about murder, but God forbid we laugh at rape? Call me insensitive, call me ignorant, I don't care. Both are horrid things that we have to live with as humans. Yeah, it'd be great if it would stop, but (in my opinion) it's ingrained into our psyches as homo sapiens. We are animals, guys, animals who will go to any lengths to reproduce and come out on top. We will kill, and we will rape. It could also be that neither has hit close to home, and I am thankful for that. But it does not change the fact that animals do stupid things, and we are animals. Psychologically speaking, laughter is the best medicine for the chemicals it releases - so why can't we laugh, why shouldn't we laugh at the worst parts of humanity?

This all started in reading an interview with Seth McFarlane, the creator of 'Family Guy', and I ended up there from a fem blog entry analyzing the answers he gives and on a basic level, the show itself. My opinion is that the show is considered 'bad' because of its brutal honesty. It makes a commentary on society by being politically incorrect. ZOMG OH NOES~!

This is one of few things that piss me off royally. Hence, this entry.

There are my two cents. Spend 'em, chuck 'em, keep 'em, reject 'em. Whatever.

平和
Remus

No comments: