21.12.08

How Remuck Spends Her Breaks

I'm at my pastor's house utilising teh internetz. Mom and PK are downstairs talking about Lord only knows what. I've gone through and checked Facebook, MySpace, PoC, MCR...y'know, most of my normal internet hangouts. Now, bored, I turn to SeeSquared to rant about something that is worthy of notice simply for it's ludicrousy. (Is that a word?)

For the last minute, I watched the minute hand on the clock move.

I wish I could say I was kidding. I have other things I could be doing without the computer - reading about acting Shakespeare, for one, or solving crossword puzzles (a spontaneous craving continuing from last night) - and yet, here I sit, marveling over the fact that every single second the minute hand twitches ever so stealthily toward its next marker. Once I was slightly over this observation, I made another one. The hour hand twitches too! It's nearly imperceptible, and yet, if you keep your eyes on it and make careful notes about its position at any given time, you can see the slow but steady phenomenon that is the hour hand moving. Incredible.

Yes, I really did just wax deep about the movement of clock hands.

Maybe I should go work on a crossword...

No comments: